Thursday, May 29, 2008

5 things I like/don't like about myself

Hmmm... 5 things I like about myself - this is hard. It feels like bragging, and if my Mom finds out I'm sure I'll still get a lecture about pride.

1. I'm a good cook. My husband and kids eat anything, so I get to try all kinds of stuff.
2. I'm a good storyteller. You're reading this blog aren't you?
3. I'm a good wife & Mom. My kids are healthy, happy and well adjusted. My marriage has survived 18 years, cancer, job losses, moving 9 times, seriously crazy family members, death of parents...
4. I'm a good housekeeper. It's not perfect, but I've channelled my little OCD's in a healthy way. : )
5. I'm good at making lists. That's kind of sad that the only thing I could come up with for number 5 is that I'm good at lists.

Don't Like: This is way easier. Only five? The hard part is narrowing the list down.

1. I can't take a compliment. If you tell me my jeans are nice, I'll tell you I only paid $10 for them. If you tell me my hair looks nice, I'l dismiss it. If you tell me you like a dish I prepared, I'll tell you it's nothing.
2. I eat as a comfort/crutch. Instead of prayer, my first reaction is a handful of...whatever can't run away from me.
3. I hate surprises and quick changes. I don't need to be in charge of the plan, but I need to know someone is, and that they know what's going on. Otherwise I quietly freak out and get annoyed.
4. I can't get up early to save my life. Honestly if my house catches fire between 1 and 7 am, I'm toast.
5. I can be selfish with my time. I don't have a lot of free time, and I'm pretty picky about how I spend it.
6. I hate exercising. I despise my weight, but refuse to do anything about it. Wait, I was supposed to stop at 5 wasn't I?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the compliment thing...it gets really tiresome to people. Practice saying "Thank you" and leaving it at just that. You'll be surprised at what happens.

Tracey said...

I'm with you on #6! =)

tracey said...

Anonymous - Point taken.

Tracey - : )

Amanda said...

Isn't it sad how much easier it is to list a million things we hate about ourselves? But I totally understand.

Cary McNeal said...

Ditto #3 on the Don't Likes. Ugh.

I'm glad you started with Likes.