Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I was listening to the radio in the car yesterday and nearly drove off the road trying to change the station when an ad for Jared Jewelers started playing. I HATE THEIR JINGLE. That's Jared! I cannot tell you how much it annoys me. Of course, since I'm sitting in traffic in Northern Virginia - a little window into hell - it got me thinking of other services and products I will never buy or use because of their jingle. In all fairness, this is no reflection on the quality of their product or service, it's just me. Music is a powerful thing - didn't you learn your ABC's as a song? How about conjunctions? "Conjunction Junction what's your function?" It's just that for me, their plan worked in reverse. Yes, I remember you, but I twitch when I hear your name. Jared isn't the jingle I hate most - it's just the one that triggered the sense memory of heinous jingles.


Daisy Sour Cream.
Easily the jingle I hate most in the world. I hate it with the firey passion of a thousand suns.

Empire Flooring. A close second to Daisy,
the phone number then the voice sliding over the word Empire followed by TODAY! AAHHHHH! I will live with dirt floors before I use them for flooring.

Kraft Krumbles - They're krumbelievable! Mr. Ad Man, you deseve a boot to the berries for this one.


Folgers Coffee
- If the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup, your life sucks. Sorry. A fact's a fact.

Anyway, this has been somewhat theraputic. I'm better now.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

for me its the Ovaltine ones. There is one with kids begging for another kids ovaltine and each time he says "No Way" but its the way he says it. I turn the station as soon as it starts. There is another one from a local place where the girl pronounces every letter I swear. This is TAM-A-RA with SUT-TER ONE STOP. I could kill her

Bru said...

Hi Tracey,
You are right on the mark naming Daisy sour cream as the most horrifying jingle ever. Every time I hear the first few notes I would put my hands over my ears and go "lalalalalalala" until it was over. Then I'd scream and my face would melt of my skull like on "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

smalltownme said...

The dollop kills me every time.

jill b said...

The funny thing about the Folgers jingle for me is that I'd never drink Folgers coffee but I feel somewhat at home with their jingle... like maybe I should come down from my Starbucks for some Folgers b/c it would make my family better or something!

Toni Brayer, MD said...

Hey, in Northern California we don't get these commercials! Guess they are regional.

Debby said...

I hate the Long Island ones...not sure if you had the same ones when you lived up there. There's the one for the strawberry clothing store. "have you shopped strawberry today? have you shopped, have you shopped strawberry today?". Whenever I'm in NYC i walk by this one strawberry store and always sing it to myself. hate it!

Anonymous said...

Oh another great nova one is for Jerry's subs- "It's Jerrys. Ooh, Ooh, Jerry's"
So annoying. And the dollop of daisy commercials are the main reason that I am nauseated by the site of sour cream. They make it look like it's frosting and you should be able to just eat a spoonful happily.

Tracey said...

Good call on the Daisy commercial Tracey! I generally avoid any and all tv and listen to cd's in the car so I don't have to go through the pain!

Anonymous said...

Taco Bell, Stop trying to make "fourthmeal" happen! It's not going to happen!!

Liquid said...

Even I feel better now........

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

We have these furniture store commercials here in SC where a husband and wife do them. The wife is telling some awful story and the husband keeps yelling at her to "tell 'em about the furniture gladys." Makes me want to run my car into the nearest tree every single time. Give me a dollop anyday.

Tink1272 said...

OH, you hit the nail on the head. There are several products/services I will never ever use because their ads and jingles are so annoying. Most of the ones that annoy me the most are our local ones. ANd 800 credt/freecreditreport.com Oh, please kill me. And Enzyte. (This was worse when I had no car radio - I had the songs stuck in my head all day long at work!)

Anonymous said...

I haaaaaate the Jared jingle. I do the same thing. I turn off the radio as fast as I can when a Jared ad comes on and I wait way too long to turn it back one just to be sure. So glad to see I am not the only one. I wish they would change it. Cheers:)