Saturday, May 3, 2008

Today

Today I hate:

1. Waking up waaaay too early on a Saturday I should have been sleeeping in because my spring allergies are fierce and I want to swallow a hairbrush so I can adequately scratch my itchy throat.

2. The neighbor's dog. Stupid Max. Stop. Barking. See Max. See Max bark. See Max bark some more. See Max bark and bark and bark and bark. See Max get chased by the crazy lady. Run Max run. Oh, poor Max.

3. The carpet in my house. I hate carpet. The sinner who sold us the house installed the cheapest quality carpet in the western hemisphere. Carpet is a generous term. Actually so is installed. Seriously. There are speed bumps in the upstairs hall. Think nappy acrylic sweater balled up on the floor of your closet. That's my carpet.

4. Finances. We have good jobs, are paid fairly and live modestly. Where the crap does the money go?

5. Dusting. I don't mind housework - I actually enjoy some of it and keep a tidy house. But dusting? Dusting makes my teeth itch. You don't really get rid of the dust, you just move it around and make the room smell like artificial lemons for a minute. AAAAAAGGGHHH!

6. Shut. Up. Max.

7. Hannah Montana. Not Miley Cyrus - the Hannah Montana TV show. It bumped LOST on our DVR because it was a higher priority program so only half of it taped. WHAT?

Today I love:

1. My husband. That one doesn't change day to day. Some days I like him more than others...

2. My dog Sophie. Sigh. She's nice.

3. Kleenex with lotion. My poor afflicted nose.

4. My bed. Nice, fresh sheets - high thread count. Ahhh.

5. Wireless internet. Laptop in bed. Yay for being lazy on Saturday morning. Just because I'm awake doesn't mean I have to be up. >: )

6. My backyard. We opened the pool yesterday and i can see it from my window. Pretty.


I'm done. I need a cup of tea. What about you? What do you love/hate today?

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

today i love that it is saturday and i get 2 days off from working .. today I hate that I have to test my sugars 3 more times today in constant fear ( i am trying to shake) of harming my baby because my dr's are not properly equipped to handle my nerves

and YAh for tissues with vicks... they make me happy every morning with these horrible allergies I have going on

jill b said...

Today I hate... thinking about my husband leaving for work again on Monday (sigh...) then returning the same day as my in-laws show up.

Today I love... my husband for letting me sleep in this morning AND doing the dishes AND taking our daughter putt-putting AND just because he's pretty darn amazing. Must be his way of dealing with my above complaints - hey, I'll take it! :)

Debby said...

today i love living near a cool city where I enjoyed a lovely lunch in Georgetown and a nice stroll around the shops.

today i hate that i am 42 pounds heavier than i was 8 months ago and panted like a 500 lb. woman while walking hills in georgetown.

Tink1272 said...

Today I love that YOU found my blog - probably through LOTD! And that I am still in love with my husband more than anything in the world.

Today I hate that my husband has to work on weekends and that soon, I may be working a completely different shift than him, we are fairly newlyweds, so this sucks. And that my neighbors feel the need to turn the bass up on their stereo so I can feel it down the street.

Tracey said...

Good post!

Today I love that I can be lazy and not have to do anything. (yay for weekends!) Today (as in every day) I love my hubby and my kidlet.

Today I hate.... new glasses with stupid bi-focals! I am the new bobbleheaded woman while learning how to focus with these things and my head is aching majorly!

PrincessPi said...

Well, today I love that it's sunday, so I still have a bit before I have to go to sleep for work tomorrow, and I love flea markets. Yay for used crap!

What do I hate? I hate that today's sunday, so I will have to go to sleep soon for work tomorrow. And I hate skeevy drunk neighbor ladies who can't take proferred help before they're skeevy and drunk.

Happy sunday.

Connie said...

Today I love the weather we're having. It is 77 degrees and sunny with beautiful blue skies. :)

Today I hate the weeds that are growing in the flowerbeds. You know, the ones that I should be outside pulling instead of being on the computer. Why do they always thrive while my flowers struggle despite my best efforts?

Fun post!

Ginormous Boobs said...

Love: Working from home

Hate: Not having a job in a week.