Tuesday, June 3, 2008

15 Random Things

1. I hate roses. They remind me of funerals and obligations.
2. I love tulips and peonies.
3. I love toast. Hot buttered toast is my favorite snack.
4. I saw Queen Elizabeth when I was a little girl. It was very cool.
5. I married the only boyfriend I ever had. I don't regret it.
6. I think my children are exceptional. Despite the fact I am their mother, they are happy and well adjusted.
7. I cheated to pass my sophomore typing test in college. Back in the day, we needed to have a level of proficiency mainly for the purpose of typing press releases. Mrs. Dickson lost the records, no way was I going to pass, so I told her "Yes ma'am, I did."
8. Speaking of college, I survived Bob Jones University. I grew up in Canada, didn't know much about it, & it was the only school my parents would pay for. I got a decent education and a healthy dose of what the old South was like.
9. I'm the pet owner I always rolled my eyes at. I love my dog Sophie.
10. My husband is the best thing that has ever happened to me outside a home in Heaven. He puts up with me, makes me laugh, and is still my best friend after almost 20 years.
11. I am intimidated by everyone I meet. Everyone. You have better hair, you're thinner, smarter, bolder. Quiet people especially intimidate me. What are you thinking? You're thinking I'm an idiot aren't you?
12. I don't respect you if you disrespect your husband in front of other people. Good natured goofing is one thing, but if you'll crucify or mock him in front of others, what do you say about the rest of us?
13. I own three pairs of socks. All are footies to wear in my tennis shoes.
14. I hate talking on the phone. Damn you Alexander Graham Bell.
15. I love movies. If I could quit my job and do nothing but sit on my bum and watch movies all day, I would.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

*chuckling at #9*

I am exactly the same way with our critters ;)

Toni Brayer, MD said...

They all resonate with me!

Cary McNeal said...

Great list, Tracey.

Anyone who can survive Bob Jones U. gets a tip of my hat.

I hate talking on the phone, too. I won't even answer it most of the time. 90% of calls are pointless bullshit anyway.

I hate roses and love tulips and purple irises.

Lindsey said...

This is a great, honest list. I love it.

Connie said...

Nice list, Tracey! :) I agree completely with number twelve. I sometimes wonder how some couples ever got married when they say such negative things about their spouses.

I love peonies too. I wish they lasted a bit longer in the season though.