Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tagged


I chose to be tagged by Audra - the only Mom I know more sarcastic than I am. We've never met, but I enjoy her blog - The Tale of the Shrinking Boobies http://shrinkingboobies.blogspot.com/. It was named for her journey from a J cup - you heard me - to a DD. Sweet Lord. She's past it, but kept the title. Anyhoo - she tagged all her regulars and lurkers, and since I am emotionally incapable of passing up a list...

Tagged

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

I moved to Long Island where I thought I would live out my days. Roy had taken on the job of Youth Pastor & was to lead the Worship Team at a church in Westbury. Ceilidh was starting Kindergarten and I was a stay at home mom to Sarah. It was also the year I met my friend Brenda. My life was good. God has a sense of humor.

5 things on my to - do list

1. Help Ceilidh study for her French exam. I didn't grow up in Canada for nothing people.
2. Update my TIVO Season passes. I'm bored with some of my shows.
3. Figure out how to get Ceilidh's phone off it's CAR KIT setting so I can actually reach her when I need to.
4. Work out the rest of this months' bills with my hubby. Drink a lot of wine. This is not two seperate "to do's".
5. Clean out fridge and freezer. Stupid, freaking 3 day power outage. I have mystery melts I could not begin to explain or identify.

3. Snacks I enjoy?
Toast, popcorn, chips & salsa, the Auntie Anne's pretzels my friend Phil makes - anything salty

4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire

Stop talking to all you poor people. Just kidding. Sorta. Some of you are on the bubble as it is.

I would give a lot of money to my church - it does a LOT of good and I know they would put it to good use.

Cancer research. Donate. Not try to cure it myself.

Pay off all my brothers and sisters mortgages.

Buy my sister Tanya a car.

Put a lot away for my girls' college/weddings/grandkids.

Pay off some my friends mortgages. Some of them work for churches - lets be honest -there's a salary cap. We didn't get into this biz for the money. : )

Travel travel travel

Open a bookstore in England and not care if it actually made money. Just sit in my shop surrounded by books and drink tea all day. This would also solve the problem of my bad teeth and allow me not to pay for another summer home for Dr. Ham.


5. Three of my bad habits

Not exercising

Wooden swearing. (My grandmaother's term for kinda but not really swearing)
I don't really swear that much, but I get too close sometimes.

Getting too busy & forgetting what - I mean who - is important. Sorry Ceildih and Sarah.


6. Five places I have lived
Cape Breton, NS
Taylor, MI
Greenville, SC
Syosset, NY
Bristow, VA

7. Five jobs I've had?
1- Lobster fishing - I "helped" my grandpa and his mate - not that kind of mate - one summer. He was very patient.

2. Stock room - ACE curriculum warehouse

3. Maintenance - Atomic Energy of Canada

4. Speech/Public Speaking Teacher - High School & college freshmen

5. Assistant to the Principal - like Assistant to the Regional Manager, not Assistant Regional Manager.


8. How did you name your blog?

Pretty much describes who I am. I'm a cancer surviving suburban Mom raising two teenage daughters, with two dogs, an unholy mortgage, a marginally insane extended family & doing all of it with the most laid back man God ever put breath in. I used to get into trouble - now it's just a little mischief.

Now - I tag Amber, Jill, Lindsey, Cary - even though you read 5000 blogs, I'm curious about your answers - and Sunny. Debby you're off the hook sinc eyou're functioning on 30 minutes of sleep and still recovering from the elevator incident of '08. I also tag you lurkers who never comment. You know who you are.

P.S. So do I.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Looking forward to spending a late summer night in bed doing a meme!!!!

Thanks for making me smile today as I do my morning ritual of checking the net while pooping. HA! Now I hope you smiled! The more you sit, the more you poop. The more you poop the easier it is to get in the clothes that don't fit!

The G's said...

T - you always make me laugh!

Lindsey said...

The fact that your dropped an Office reference is convincing me that we're soul mates.

Lori said...

Hey, I filled out your tag request! Come check out my new blog. It's just getting started, so the design is still pathetic, so don't pay attention to that part. I haven't been lobster fishing, but I've gone crabbing using chicken necks. Fun times.

Cary McNeal said...

Oh wow, I got tagged. What do I do?