Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cheesy 80's memories of the Day

Back in the day - which was a Wednesday by the way - (thank you Dane Cook) - I loved these songs. Don't judge me - once upon a time you were 17 too - are you proud of all your choices? I didn't think so. I'm so upset, I need to go make my hair bigger (thank you Amy Poehler).

Some of them aren't great songs & they're all victims of the 80's video style (in the best way) but I have memories tied to them that make them good songs by default. Enjoy - or endure - whatever!

Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" - my favorite song of the decade (at least for today) is protected so I couldn't post it - I'd sing it for you instead, but that's just not fair to any of us is it?

Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away


Billy Idol - White Wedding


Big Country - In a Big Country


Sweet baby James! Have you seen Pete Byrne lately? He's a she now. Frightening transformation even on the very forgiving Tranny Scale.


Totally under-rated Queen song - Somebody to Love. Besides, Freddy mercury in that white unitard makes me smile. I wish had that kind of self-confidence.



Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
Who knew they weren't really twins? Did not see that coming.


There's 1000 more, but I'll not bore you any longer. I'm off to untangle the banana clip from my hair.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOO I was forced to steal this blog idea.

Connie said...

Fun list! Most of my musical memories are more from the 70's. My favorite here is Somebody to Love, though. There are none others quite like Queen.

tracey said...

audra - steal away!

daisy - i have some fun 70's songs that play in my head, that's a list for another day : )

Michelle said...

Hi Tracy,
I've seen you on LOTD comments and just tried out your blog for the first time today. You made me laugh so much! I love the Thompson Twins, Tom is just so dang cute (I'd forgotten how cute), I remember wanting to suck on his lower lip when I was in High School (pretty explicit for a virgin like I was...LOL). I was a major Duran Duran fan, Save a Prayer is my favorite song ever, and I was going to marry John Taylor. I went to see Paul Young in San Diego during the "Everytime You Go..." era and he was wonderful. Ahhhh memories!

tracey said...

michelle - welcome! glad i made you laugh. it's what i'm here for. : )

No One Special said...

Here's a blast from the past, better known as the theme for a Listerine commercial; I don't think I ever saw the video, but everyone knows the tune...

I present you "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY

I'm gonna have to steal this idea, too! Thanks!

Cary McNeal said...

"Somebody To Love" has always been my favorite Queen song.. and yes, underrated.