Monday, March 10, 2008

tick tock


K - so I'm still waiting. Last week I was stuck with more needles than Hilary's Obama voodoo doll, and yet, here I sit. I have a great doctor, who is usually pretty quick to respond with any updates for me, but I'm still waiting. I choose to believe this is good news. If we needed to move quickly on anything, he'd have called, right? Wait, why does this sound like a bad first date where I put out & haven't heard from the guy since? Let me be very clear, sex has nothing to do with this. My doctor is roughly 100 years old and looks lie a Korean hobbit. I'm good thanks. I have never been that drugged, and his defense, I'm pretty sure neither has he. So, tick tock.
I'm ready to be done - the treatment makes me tired and foggy - the best way to descibe it is feeling like i've had two glasses of wine on an empty stomach. Awesome if you're sitting at home watching a movie, but not so cool if you're at work or parenting. Tattoo, piercing? Okay honey. Mommy's tired.
Anyhoo, I'll post more faithfully soon...I know you're lives are incomplete without my sarcasm.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I do enjoy your post very much so. YUCK 2 glasses od wine on an empty stomach AND work .. that feeling sucks. Hope you get a call soon

Angela said...

Oh how I love your wit Tracey dear!! You crack me up every time :)

Debby said...

I've been waiting oh so patiently by my email today for an update. So sorry you haven't heard back yet. But I do agree...it must be good news.

I say you possibly have had an even worse day then me. Waiting takes the cake.

jill b said...

You know what I love about you? That you can go from cancer to sex to tattooing your children and back in one paragraph... and it's STILL entertaining and well-stated!

tracey said...

thank you for your comments - you make me smile. and jill, you know i have a daughter who already has a tat picked out... i really do need to pay attention. : )