Monday, September 24, 2007

audio prozac


I'm in love with an Old Navy sweater commercial. Actually, I'm kind of indifferent towards the sweaters, and it filled with attractive women, not many guys, so whatever, what I really love is the song. It's Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am. It makes me smile every time I hear it. James Taylor has the same effect. When PMS is particularly heinous Roy discreetly pops in a James Taylor CD, a few minutes, a little "Sweet Baby James" and "In my Mind I'm Gone to Carolina". "The Way I Am" is my current audio prozac. It's simple, kinda light & artsy, and it's wonderful. It's one of those songs that I can honestly say I really like the words and the music. Usually you get one or the other. Check out Girls and Boys. It's a great CD.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I am inlove with the Old navy sweater commercial too. ANd i live in FL where we don't know what sweaters are. I just HAD to know how sings that song and you answered my question .....and inspired me all at the same time! Rock on

Sunny said...

I have yet to hear the commercial but I heard about it. Do you have her cd? I own both. :) I can make you a copy if you would like. D and I went and saw her this summer. SO GOOD!!!

jill b said...

Ohhhh I love music that does that... for me it's Corinne Bailey Ray or Norah Jones... I don't know that song b/c I don't ever know songs until they're "over" but I will have to check it out!

Debby said...

that song has the exact same affect on me - I always clap my hands with it when they do it on the song. I'm a dork like that.