Thursday, December 4, 2008

The End is near

Okay, let me begin by saying I love Jesus. I really do. I work for him on a daily basis. Literally - I work at a church. I even went to - cue scary music - Bible college. duh duh duh! However, I don't consider myself a church lady. I don't think Hurricane Katrina was God's judgement on the city of New Orleans or the state of Louisiana. Good grief - you've already got Britney and her clan - how cruel do you think God is? I don't think Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ any more than I thought John Mc Cain was our Saviour.

Over the years, I have seen some stange stuff - people putting their car keys and wedding rings in an offering plate... a woman that smashed her porcelain doll collection because they were like idols... a baptistry that overflowed when a woman of considerable girth stepped into the water...I once even saw two guys synchronized swimming in the baptistry.

But this, this is the craziest "church thing" I have ever seen. Seriously. What is wrong with this child? More importantly, what is wrong with the adults here? Are you kidding me? I'm all about letting little Jimmy get up there and toss out a mangled chrus of "Jesus Loves Me", but this, this is snake handlin' crazy to me. Dear Lord baby Jesus help these people. Amen.

6 comments:

The G's said...

Yay! My husband made your blog! Does anyone have a video of that glorious occasion?

tracey said...

No - but I wish we did. It was amazing!

Jackie said...

The kid sounds like the devil. Horrible.

Twice Blessed said...

Tracey, where in the world did you find this?? That was very strange...but funny too!

Connie said...

What on earth! YIKES! 8-O

jill b said...

The thought of what sort of deranged adult this child will grow into if this continues nauseates me just a bit. Poor kid.

...Or maybe we should have Abe preach on Sunday??