Thursday, August 14, 2008

Insults of the Day



In the past 2 weeks I have been told, overheard or been told of the following:


Are you bringing your friend? Yeah you should so you won't hang around with us.

(My daughter's friend, who needs her filter fixed, to another girl in the Youth Group)

You have the body of a 12 year old boy. Not in an attractive way. (Said to my friend P - a triathlete - by a male co-worker. So, there is a way a 12 year boy is attractive to you? ewww)

Your boobs really are too big. They're real? (Seriously? Yes they're real. One word if you paid for boobs and they look like mine - MALPRACTICE.)

Wow, you really have put on weight.

Yeah, the music at church doesn't really work for me. What's the point of it really? No offense.
(You know I'm on the Arts team right? Why do people think it's okay to say whatever they want if they say "no offense" first? If that makes it okay, then just let me say your breath smells like a dirty diaper. No offense.)

There's more, but I've buried them so I can function without my latent Tourette's taking over.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Now i'm dying to the know the "who" attached to these remarks.

Sunny said...

I LOVE the boob comment! I feel your pain!

jill b said...

Sometimes people just make me shake my head.

...and other times I listen to the words coming out of my own mouth and want to shake mySELF and save other people the time! Haha! :)

Anonymous said...

You gotta love those backhanded compliments. Maybe the 12 year old boy body person thought they were saying something nice?

Kind of like when my roommate, after the first time my boyfriend spent the night, said: "Wow, you finally got one to stay the night!" Ummm, yeah. Thanks.

Lindsey said...

I used to play volleyball with a bunch of ladies at my church...and they would totally dissect the music and how loud it was and how much they disliked it...and I sing on the team.

Sigh.