Wednesday, August 8, 2007

vacation - argh




So we're headed off to Disney World this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. I know - what the heck is wrong with me? It's the happiest place on earth, right? We haven't taken a family vacation the past 2 years because my health was an issue, so I thought this would be great. The kids have wanted to go since they were fetuses. I booked the trip for heaven's sake - it was my idea to go this summer. What was I thinking? It's just too much. Lines, park hoppers, fast passes, "insider tips" like always choose the line on the left because it's usually shorter... it's insane! I feel like I just joined a cult and don't know all the lingo yet. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing. The Normandy Invasion didn't take this much forethought and advance planning. Oh well. It's my own fault. I'm a control freak and I married the most easy going man since the invention of the Y chromosome. "It's fine Tracey", "Why are you so stressed?", "By the way Trace, I can't find our flight reservation and confirmation... any ideas where I might have put that?" AAGGGHHH!

7 comments:

The Doeblers said...

When you get there try to find the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland--you know--the one who was smoking the good stuff...I hear all the rides get better after that. = )

tracey said...

brilliant advice - the best Disney advice I've had so far actually...

AwkwardMoments said...

If you are coming to the one in FL i suggest VERY COOL LIGHT COLORED clothes. It is freakin HAWT!! Have fun with the mouse

The Doeblers said...

I love your skull mouse head. Isn't Mickey Mouse the devil?- You'll have fun b/c it is always an adventure with your family no matter where you are. - Nat

tracey said...

we are headed to disney world in FL - my fair skinned daughter will need the sunscreen equivalent of midnight in a basement so she doesn't burst into flames when she steps off the plane.

jill b said...

I can totally relate to the laid-back husband who also happens to be laid-back about losing important vacation documents, ha!

Mickey will take good care of you! :)

Amber said...

At least one of you is laid back, imagine the Bishop & I planning this trip. We would need to write our obits and review the will before we went. I wish I was with you, guess who's in-laws decided to pop-in on her this weekend? Yep, and my mouth is still the size of a softball.