Wednesday, August 1, 2007

cancer schmancer revised - sort of


So in an amazing turn of events, it turns out I am cancer free. The "hot spot" in my neck turned out to be nothing more than a renegade lymph node. It was "irritated" - which, in its' defense, if someone tried to burn the crap out of me with radioactive pills I'd be ticked too - by the radiation. I tend to think attempting to boil my own ear on Mother's Day - accidentally or not - also played a part. Either way, it resulted in a false positive.

And more importantly, let's not under estimate the element of the massive amount of prayer that's been offered on my behalf. If anyone has been healed by the power of prayer, I'm definately a candidate. Not the "slap on the head", "BE HEALED IN THE NAME OF JE-SUS!" kind of way, but in the quiet prayerful supplication of my friends and family. I had a friend tell me tonight she has prayed for me every morning on her walk since I've been sick. That is incredibly humbling.

So, to all of you who prayed, even once, I thank you. My humble, and deepest thanks.

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

holy cow!!!! hOW FANTASTIC TO READ! (i bet more fantastic for you to say) - WHat a very blessed encouraging post

choose me. . . . love me said...

Oh wow, that is such GREAT news! I like happy surprises! What a relief. Thank you Lord!

The Doeblers said...

Tracey, I just found out by reading this and I am so happy for you! -Nat

Amber said...

I wish I could give you a real hug! God is amazing, isn't he?

tracey said...

i couldn't agree more!

jill b said...

I've never been a Hallelujah kinda girl, but if ever there was a time for a Hallelujah, this is it :)

Sunny said...

What wonderful news!!! We will have to go out and celebrate when we get home!!!