Thursday, June 14, 2007

hmmm....

I have my MRI & CT scans this afternoon. I'm not worried about it. I'm a little leery of the MRI becasue of the whole claustrophobia thing, but that's all. Either my faith is stronger than I thought or I am WAY more shallow than I should admit. Either way, I feel okay about the appointment. Mostly I feel very unworthy - I'm serious - not trying to be a martyr or pious & humble - because of how seriously my family & friends are taking all this. I have neices and nephews (their parents too) fasting for me today. Little kids. Elementary school children in 3 states and Canada. That is almost too much. I've never been sentimental & I am the least compassionate of my sisters. I'm more of the "okay, how do we fix this" or "what's the next step" than the "let's talk about it" or "let me hold you while you cry" person. I can do that with my kids - no problem, but with others - not so much. Maybe it's a firstborn thing. So, I am incredibly humbled by the sincere, open hearted way they are praying for me. As loud and obnoxious as I can be, I'm uncomfortable with being the center of this much attention and 'real' feeling. I'm pretty sure I'll regret this blog about 10 seconds after posting, so I guess I'd better click and let it go...

5 comments:

choose me. . . . love me said...

Praying for you! I understand that firstborn stuff for sure, being the oldest. I definitely have little independent streaks sometimes and my mom thinks I'm pretty strong at handling stuff as it comes. But we all need prayer! Hope all goes well.

Sunny said...

Lookie lookie who is blogging!!!

PRAYING!

tracey said...

peer pressure my friend! i had to keep up with the cool kids.

Amber said...

Mischief? Where? I'm IN!

Amber said...

See how I made a joke, when you were all serious? That's how I make you and me feel better about all this junk. Firstborns are more fun!