Friday, June 29, 2007

8 things

Okay, since i am inept & stil figuring out the whole blogging thing, and since I haven't linked to anyone else's blog so I'm floating out herein the nether regions alone... here's is my list of things I'm confident you lie awake wondering about concerning me.
1. I am the dorky friend that responds to the dumb "Do you remember..." & all the other fill-in-the blank surveys on MySpace & facebook. I don't know why, but I am compelled to answer.

2. I am intimidated by everyone. Everyone. Seriously. Even if it's just one thing - you're smarter, cooler, have better hair, thinner - I'll let you pick.

3. I've always wanted to live in England and open a little shop. Especially a bookstore. Maybe when we retire, it's what we'll do.

4. I really like being Canadian. I realize we're like America's attic - you forget it up there, but when you go up there, you realize there is all this really cool stuff you didn't even remember or know. I loved growing up on an island, and I sometimes miss the way of life I had growing up.

5. I don't regret giving up my career for my husband and kids. I gave up a good job opportunity at a TV station 18 years ago to follow my husband, and was a contented stay at home Mom while my girls were little. It's not the life for everyone, but it's the life I chose, and it's been good. I've had many people criticize me for setting feminism back 30 years, to which I say "Wow. I am that powerful?"

6. I'm ridiculously proud of my husband and kids, although I am also aware we are a 'typical' American family.

7. I miss my Dad every day. He was my hero. He died in February 1991, 7 months after I got married. He loved my husband, and it helps to know that, but I sill feel cheated that he never got to be a Grandpa. He would have been amazing.

8. When I was little I wanted to be an archeologist. My hubby and I plan to do one of those "vocation vacations" where you get to try another career for a week, so I'll actually get to try someday. I can't wait.

Thus concludes the brief lesson on me. Now, for a little mischief...

3 comments:

Amber said...

When our husbands eat their last quad-stacker and kick-it: we can open the shop :) I hope you get to open it with your husband though, maybe we can convince the Bishop that Europe is fun?

Sunny said...

You and me and number 2 are so the same. Don't you hate it? I wish I could change that part of me!

jill b said...

I would have NEVER guessed that you're intimidated by people... you come off so confident, so smooth, so clever, so Tracey :) I always just assume people think I'm a ditz because 90% of the time I talk before I think and something ditzy or just awful comes out. That's something I can't stand about me.