Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mmmm

As I type, I'm sitting in my bed eating Ritz crackers and drinking a glass of white wine as I watch TV. My husband is still at work - he had counseling session with a couple that 's struggling and then stuck around to help a friend with a project, he's THAT good of a guy.

Ritz crackers are just about my favorite snack - second only to hot buttered toast. mmm. Toast. Great, now I want toast, but not enough to get out of bed. So, my blog tonight will be filled with deep thoughts - what are my favorite things? Because inquiring minds want to know, right?

Hmm, let's see...
Toast
Ritz
The really good feeling you get when you pull up your socks or take off nylons/panty hose
My mom's homemade bread - okay, I'm four items in and 3 of the 4 are food
80's music - I'm a sucker for Tears For Fears, the Police, The Cars, old Prince, Howard Jones, Elvis Costello...big hair & shoulder pads - bring it on
My husbands' lame jokes.
Lists. I love lists. They make me happy.
I like being Canadian. We just had a federal election. Any of my American friends know that? Probably not. But, that's okay, I'm Canadian, so I'll still be your friend. : )
I like when my dog Sophie sleeps next to me. I admit I'm the one who made thought my sister was ridiculous about her dog, and now I am the same way.
Washing my hands - I admit that I am obsessive - people germs, actually stranger germs - freak me out. I wash my hands about 10-15 times a day - not totally OCD, but I think they'd be impressed by my efforts.
Dwight Shrute - Rainn Wilson's character on the Office makes me LAUGH.
List of the Day. Awesome. Some of it's a little saucy for my taste, but most of it makes me laugh my rear off. AND it's a list. God bless you Cary.

I can't focus enough to write anything else. What makes you happy?

5 comments:

jill b said...

What makes me happy... oh, so many things... too many to list in this comment box I think :)

I really just wanted to comment to say that I DID know Canada had an election! Jon Stewart told me so :)

Anonymous said...

Cookies with frosting
Reading new blogs
I also love Dwight Shrute
Taking a nap
They way my dog, Dante, likes to scoot around when he's laying on my chest so that he can lick my nose.

Sunny said...

Happys:

My dog
birthdays
fall
frosting
tv
wine
friends and wine
drives with Grumps
a good book
homemade bread
hot cookies
Fridays at 3:15

I could go on and on!

I knew there was an election! ;)

Jackie said...

Tracey, I had no idea you were Canadian. Me too. *rallies around Canadian flag*

Great list of happiness inducing items...
May I add a few?

New magazines in the corner shop
Cuddling the dog
Dairy Queen Blizzards
Receiving email from an old friend
A cold fall/winter day with nothing to do but watch UK soccer
Chuck Bass on 'Gossip Girl' (that show is my crack)
Swiss Chalet Sauce
Freshly laundered sheets on the bed
Toasty towels after a shower
My mum's chocolate cake

I could go on for hours. Shall stop now!

Connie said...

I enjoyed reading your list, Tracey.
Some of your choices are mine as well.
fresh home baked bread
completing some project that I enjoyed working on
my dog Max
hot chocolate with marshmallows
good music to listen to
my sons laughter
a warm afghan to snuggle in
Reese's peanut butter cups

Have a great weekend! :)