Friday, November 21, 2008

I Like Kittens

Dr. Toni over at http://healthwise-everythinghealth.blogspot.com had this posted on her blog and it was too good not to steal. The church my family was part of when I was growing up still had a mindset like this - in the 80's. Not everyone, but some, thought my parents wasted their money sending me to University. Why bother? My goal should have been just to get married - that was my purpose. Don't get me wrong - I am happily married for 18 years to a wonderful man & I have two great kids. They're teenagers and I still like them. And, I consider my solid marriage and two normal (as normal as teens ever are) daughters the best and most important things I have accomplished. Wow. This started out as a funny post - sorry for bringing down the room.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

jill b said...

I sort of had the opposite experience growing up - my grandmother was very much a matriarch and all of the women in my family were very strong. Poor Eric.

Jackie said...

Funny video! Harry Enfield, a comedian from the UK. Scary to think that there *are* still people who think this way.

Cary McNeal said...

This is even funnier once you realize that most women are smarter than most men.